Diets aren’t easy. They take a lot of commitment and even those of us with strong willpower often end up cheating.
In this article, we are going to talk about one of the biggest mistakes dieters make while on a diet – a mistake that leads many to cheat on their diet and many others to go off their diet completely.
So what is this big mistake that so many make?
Well, it’s actually something that most probably don’t even think about. It’s a simple mistake but one that can have truly lasting implications.
The mistake is – shopping unwisely at the super market.
To put is simply, if you go to the supermarket without a plan you are putting your weightloss success in true jeopardy.
Here are five simple tips to follow when at the supermarket to help ensure you don’t make bad food decisions that will impact your diet negatively later on:
- Never shop when you are hungry.
If you go shopping with hunger pangs, you are likely to end up with a cart full of cookies and chips and ice cream and other non-diet foods! In addition, when you are hungry, you are more likely to become more easily distracted and more likely to forget some of what you need.
- Never shop in a hurry.
Rushing can make the entire experience stressful and this may cause you to purchase quick and easy items instead of searching a little longer for the healthier item.
- Make a list and stick to it.
This has numerous benefits. You can make the list when you are not hungry and really focuses on your diet. Plus, the more organized you are, the less time you will waste at the market. Be sure to write down everything you need, how much you need and if you need to go to more than one location to get everything.
- Stay away from those dangerous center aisles.
The fresh fruits and vegetables and chicken and other healthy meats are typically on the perimeter of the store. The center aisles are filled with processed foods that you should stay away from.
- Always read the label.
Be sure to watch out for any foods that contain ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, flavorings, trans fats (or hydrogenated oils), sodium nitrite, and artificial substances like aspartame and monosodium glutamate.
Here some additional tips for when you are shopping:
- Buy only the fruits and vegetables that you need so you can eat the freshest food possible. The less time out of the Earth or off the vine, the more nutrients.
Then once you have your healthy foods at home, here are some tips you can follow to ensure your safety and to ensure that they stay fresh as long as possible:
- Always wash fresh fruits and vegetables thoroughly in water, and then rinse before eating to remove toxins and food-borne illnesses. Do not use detergent or bleach. There are veggie washes that are available in health food stores. You can also soak produce in diluted apple cider vinegar to help remove surface chemicals.
- Handle fresh fruits and vegetables carefully. Put produce away promptly, and keep it in the crisper or in “Green Bags.” Throw away cut produce that has been out of the refrigerator for four hours or more.
If you are looking for an effective way to lose up to 32 pounds in just one month, check out the new 4 Week Diet System.
This new approach to weight loss focuses on four specific hormones that have a direct impact on weight gain and weight loss. Visit This LINK to learn much more about this popular diet.